Last modified: 2006-07-22 by ivan sache
Keywords: lapovo |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
The current trend in Serbia is that the subnational flags are square banners of arms. The coats of arms are also mostly standardized, meaning that they consist of a shield with full ornamentation around it, usually with two supporters holding a flag each, one being the Serbian flag (square) and the other the banner of the arms of the community or the district flag.
It seems that the coats of arms and flags were adopted recently in Serbia under heavy influence of the Serbian Heraldry Society "White Eagle", which issues a gazette (12 a year)
Željko Heimer, 2 October 2000
The International Civic Arms website shows the coat of arms of the Lapovo District in Serbia. This coat of arms includes two flags, both with gold fringes and approx. 1:1 ratio: the Serbian national flag and the district's banner of arms.
Jan Zrzavy, 2 October 2000
The municipalities listed below, today located in
Vojvodina, were in the
Austro-Hungarian Empire before the First World War.
They were allocated to Yugoslavia in 1920 (Treaty of Trianon). Some
of them were occupied by Germany or Hungary during Second World War.
They were reallocated to Yugoslavia in 1947 (Treaty of Paris)
In the list below, the first name is the current Serbian name, whereas the Hungarian name used in the Austro-Hungarian Empire is put in brackets.