Last modified: 2004-12-29 by santiago dotor
Keywords: landkreis obernburg | obernburg county | coat of arms: chief (wheel: white) | coat of arms: base (grapes: red) | coat of arms (towers: red) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
by Stefan Schwoon
Flag and coat-of-arms adopted 6th March 1968, abolished 30th June 1972
Red-white-blue, adopted 06.03.1968. Was integrated into Miltenberg county during the 1972 municipal reform. Sources: Linder and Schmidt 2000, arms image from Stadler 1964-1972.
Stefan Schwoon, 17 August 2001
From Ralf Hartemink's International Civic Arms website:
The arms were granted in 1968. The upper part shows the wheel of the State of Mainz, to which the whole area belonged until 1803. The lower part shows the river Main and the grape as a symbol of the important viticulture in the county. The two buildings are in the dexter part an old Roman tower and in the sinister part two modern pipes. The county was on the Roman Limes, the border of the Roman Empire. The two pipes symbolise the (former) Glanzstoff factory as a symbol for the modern industrialisation in the county.
Literature: Stadler 1964-1972.
Santiago Dotor, 23 July 2003