Last modified: 2005-08-06 by jarig bakker
Keywords: cesky krumlov | besednice |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
The area of the Český Krumlov region is 1615 km2, it is the third largest
in South Bohemia (it forms 14,3% of the area). In 5 cities and 41 villages
live 59.006 inhabitants (as on the 30th of
Jarig Bakker, 4 July 2000
Image after Petr Exner's Vexilologický Lexikon prapory obcí Čr (1998)
- Bohdalovice, Český Krumlov district, South Bohemian region - adopted
4 Jun 1998.
Jarig Bakker, 20 Jan 2004
Image after Petr Exner's Vexilologický Lexikon prapory obcí Čr (2002)
- Brloh, Most district, Karlovy Vary region - adopted 9 Dec 2002.
Origin of the Name :
1310 - 1347 - Berloch
1369 - Brloh
Town History :
The first written mention of the town is from 1310. Brloh was a liege village belonging to the Rosenbergs. In 1418 the village was freed by the death of Ulrich II. von Rosenberg. Due to its position (near the path between Budějovice and Prachatice), Brloh underwent many difficult periods during various wars - in the 15th century especially from militias from Passau and Sweden. Church of St. Mary Magdalena was established in 1340 by Peter Wok of Rosenberg and in 1697-1704 was rebuilt in Baroque style. Rectory was constructed in 1716 and in 1751 burnt out. Mention about school in Brloh is already from 1660. In the half of 19th century there was bilingual Czech-German school. In 1857 new schoolhouse was built. In 1873 there was two-class Czech and one-class German school. Livelihood was provided throught the farming at first. Especially rye, wheat and barley were grown here. Poor people were lived due to production of beech-wood shoes. The most neat-handed of them could make 12 pairs a day. Also rakes and shovels were produced here. The flax was also grown and was spinned in winters. Here were many weavers that were fabricating the canvas for serges. In 1850 Brloh had 1071 citizens and in 1996 had 995 citizens.
Source: this website.
Jarig Bakker, 16 Nov 2003