Buy State Flags from Allstate FlagsBuy US flags from Five Star Flags
This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Papateszer (Veszprem, Hungary)

Pápateszér község

Last modified: 2004-08-14 by dov gutterman
Keywords: veszprem | papa | papateszer | carpenter |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors




by Istvan Molnar, 18 July 2000



See also:


Overview

Pa'patesze'r is a village in Veszpre'm County in Hungary near to Town of Pa'pa (20 km to east) on the Little Hungarian Plains. The village has 1,302 inhabitants (1990 census) nearly all of them are Hungarians. One of the Official Ethnic Minorities of Hungary has got an ethnic council in the village: The Gipsy . The first mention of the village is from 1410 (THEZER: tesar means carpenter in Slavic) In the village there is a Baroque Roman Catholic Church (1778).

About the flag and the coat of arms (adopted in 15. 03. 1999.) here is the official decision:

No 2/1999 (III.15) Order of the Council of the Community of Pa'patesze'r
about the Coat of Arms and the Flag of the Village

The Council of the Community of Pa'patesze'r creates the next order, based on the authorization given by the 65th Act of the year 1990. 1st Article 6th Paragraph  "a" Point, about the symbols of the community.

The Symbols of the Community

1.. Symbols of the community, symbols relate to the historical past of the settlement: the coat of arms and the flag.

Description of the Coat of Arms

2. The Coat of Arms of Pa'patesze'r Village is green-coloured standing Gothic shield split in four by silver stake and stripe, with rosette shield. In the first field there is a clover-ended floating gold Latin crucifix, in the second one there is a floating gold mill-wheel with four spoke, in the third one there are two silver stripes, in the fourth one there is a floating gold wheat sheaf. On the Gothic red rosette shield there is a gryphon looking right, standing on tip-toe on a floating three-armed crown with a silver curved sabre in the right hand and three red-centered silver rose in the left. On a green band floating above the shield there is the name of the village written in gold: "PA'PATESZE'R"

Description of the Flag

3. The Flag of Pa'patesze'r Village is lying rectangle, with — at the hoist and the flying end dissimilar wide — horizontal green and black stripes, in the geometrical center there is the Coat of Arms of the village and above it on a green band floating there is the name of the village written in gold: "PAPATESZE'R"  On the flying end there is a gold fringe.

Ratio of the flag: 2:3 and Ratio of the "labarum": 5:2

Symbols: The shield relates to the origin of the village from the Middle Ages; the green colour relates to the agriculture, nature, hope and one of the Hungarian national colours; the crucifix relates to the Roman Catholic settlers of the village; the mill-wheel relates to the historical 24 mills around the village; the two silver stripes relate to Szaka'cs-e'r and Ba'nya-e'r brooks; the wheat sheaf relates to the agriculture. In the center of the Coat of Arms there is the original Coat of Arms of the Esterha'zy Family. The Esterha'zy Family was the landlord of the village.
Istvan Molnar, 18 July 2000


Vertical Flag


by Istvan Molnar, 18 July 2000


Coat of Arms


by Istvan Molnar, 18 July 2000