Last modified: 2004-12-29 by santiago dotor
Keywords: third reich | postal | schiffspostflagge | pennant | bordure (red) | text: german | deutsche post |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
by Jaume Ollé
Flag adopted 14 March 1936, abolished 1945
A white pennant with a narrow red border on the two outside edges, and with the black letters "DEUTSCHE POST". (...) It appears in Flaggenbuch 1939, pl. VIII.
Norman Martin, January 1998
It was adopted 14 March 1936 and abolished at the end of World War Two. Source: Dreyer 1999.
Norman Martin, 10 December 1999
There was no postal flag in the period 1935-1936. With the regulation of 14th March 1936 a mail pennant was introduced. This was to signify ships (not being owned by the Reich) carrying mail. The pennant was a white triangular pennant with red border and black letters 'DEUTSCHE POST'. It was used until 1945. Sources: Meyer 17 1960, Dreyer 1999 and Hecker and Hoog 1978.
Marcus Schmöger, 29 March 2001