Last modified: 2006-09-23 by jarig bakker
Keywords: cuxhaven |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
3:5 image by Stefan Schwoon
From Ralf Hartemink's International
Civic Arms website: "The arms have been in use since 1913 and show
the important local beacon. The beacon was built in 1718. The base of the
shield symbolises the Elbe river and the North Sea. The city is an important
harbour and is dependent on fisheries and shipping."
Literature: Stadler 1964-1972.
Santiago Dotor, 26 Mar 2002
Cuxhaven was never part of Bremen. It was part
of the Free City of Hamburg till 1937 and became
then part of the Prussian province of Hanover
and therefore 1946 part of the federal state of Lower
Kai A. Hamm, 23 Jun 2000