Buy State Flags from Allstate FlagsBuy US flags from Five Star Flags
This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Friedberg County until 1972 (Schwaben District, Bavaria, Germany)

Landkreis Friedberg

Last modified: 2004-12-29 by santiago dotor
Keywords: landkreis friedberg | friedberg county | coat of arms (lozengy: white-blue) | coat of arms (eagle: black) | coat of arms (cross: yellow) | coat of arms (cross: formy) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

[Friedberg County until 1972 (Schwaben District, Bavaria, Germany)] 5:2
by Stefan Schwoon
Flag and coat-of-arms adopted 3rd October 1963, abolished 30th June 1972

See also:


Yellow-blue, 03.10.1963. During the 1972 municipal reform, this county was merged with Aichach county (of Oberbayern district) to form the new county Aichach-Friedberg. Sources: Linder and Schmidt 2000, arms image from Stadler 1964-1972.

Stefan Schwoon, 23 August 2001

From Ralf Hartemink's International Civic Arms website:

The arms were granted on October 3rd, 1963. The background of the arms is the arms of Bavaria, as the main part of the county was part of Bavaria. Until 1268 part of the area was part of a imperial estate in Lechrain. In the estate armies on their way to Italy assembled. The imperial eagle symbolises this imperial estate. The cross is a reminder of the large possessions of the bishops of Augsburg in the area.

Literature: Stadler 1964-1972.

Santiago Dotor, 31 July 2003