Buy State Flags from Allstate FlagsBuy US flags from Five Star Flags
This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Dingolfing County until 1972 (Niederbayern District, Bavaria, Germany)

Landkreis Dingolfing

Last modified: 2004-12-29 by santiago dotor
Keywords: landkreis dingolfing | dingolfing county | coat of arms: chief (lozengy) | coat of arms: chief (bavaria) | coat of arms: per pale (bend: wavy) | coat of arms: per pale (bend: white) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

[Dingolfing County until 1972 (Niederbayern District, Bavaria, Germany)] 5:2
by Stefan Schwoon
Coat-of-arms adopted 16th January 1957, abolished 30th June 1972

See also:


Dingolfing County used a white-red flag, without permission. The county merged with Landau during the 1972 municipal reform to form Dingolfing-Landau county. Sources: Linder and Schmidt 2000, arms image from Stadler 1964-1972.

Stefan Schwoon, 12 July 2001

From Ralf Hartemink's International Civic Arms website:

The arms were granted on January 16, 1957.

The upper part shows the arms of the Wittelsbach family and Bayern and symbolise the fact that the district gradually became a possession of this family between 1228-1251. The divided lower part shows the arms of the Counts of Frontenhausen, who ruled a large part of the district prior to 1226. The bend is the arms of the State of Regensburg, who also owned a part of the district since 1257.

Literature: Stadler 1964-1972.

Santiago Dotor, 17 June 2003