Last modified: 2006-09-23 by jarig bakker
Keywords: pfaffenhofen county |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
From Ralf Hartemink's International
Civic Arms website:
"The arms were granted on April 18, 1963 and confirmed on July 4, 1974.
The arms show in the sinister half a branch of hops, as hops culturing is of great importance in the district. The dexter half combines the lozenges of the Wittelsbach family (and Bavaria) with a symbol for the Benedictine monastery at Scheyern. In the early 12th century the Wittelsbach family were Counts of Scheyern and turned their ancestral castle into a monastery in 1118.
Literature: Stadler 1964-1971."
Santiago Dotor, 12 Jul 2003