This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website
Rohatec (Czech Republic)
Hodonin okres, South Moravian Region
Last modified: 2004-04-10 by jarig bakker
Keywords: rohatec |
Links: FOTW homepage |
disclaimer and copyright |
write us |
This page is best viewed with ISO:8859-2, aka
Latin2, aka Central European fonts
by Jarig Bakker, 7 Jan 2004
adopted 9 Apr 2002
Rohatec municipality flag
Image after Petr Exner's Vexilologický Lexikon prapori obcí ČR (2002)
- Rohatec, Hodonín district, South Moravian region - adopted 9 Apr 2002;
also image at this site.
3 378 inhabitants. A large village by floodplain forests along the
Morava river meanders. The origin of the village dates back to late 13th
century - owned by Tvrdek from Rohatec. Small border fortification and
stony parish church used to stay in the village, only a small Gothic chapel
built around 1300 came down from that time. Local people lived of fishing
and crayfishing according to the medieval annals. There is a Baroque chapel
built in early 19th century with folklore ornaments and decoration by M.
Benka. The Catholic church in Rohatec built in 1911 has the name of patron
St. Barholomew, an original Gothic presbytery from the 14th century came
down till these days. The village lies at the periphery of the Slovácko
wine region and the viniculture has a long time tradition here. Each St.
Bartolomew´s high-day, the 24th August, is celebrated by a traditional
Moravial feast in folk costumes. A well-known Pavel Borovička´s dulcimer
band seats in Rohatec.
Source: this webpage.
Jarig Bakker, 7 Jan 2004
from this site.