Last modified: 2005-05-13 by phil nelson
Keywords: canada: aspirant peoples | labrador | acadia | newfoundland | mohawk | innu | haida | teme-augama anishnabai | nistassin |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
The chart Flags of Aspirant Peoples [eba94] shows the following for independence-oriented movements in Canada:
180. "Labrador (Local autonomist movement) - Newfoundland dependency, Canada."
181. "Newfoundland ('Newfies' separatist movement) - Canada."
184. "Kaniengehaga (Mohawk Indian Nation) - Canada and United States." - Blue field with a kind of belt (?) made of a small square, a larger square, a spear iron (?), and the two precedent squares in inversed order.
185. "Haida Gwaii (Haida Indian Nation) - British Columbia, Canada." - Red field with a totemic stone carving (???) in the middle?
186. "Nistassin (Innu Indians) - Quebec and Labrador, Canada.".
187. "Teme-Augama Anishnabai (Indian Nation) - North Ontario,
Canada." Square flag vertically divided light blue over maroon. The
emblem in the middle is a white disc bearinf four tree leaves in the cardinal
directions and including six animals in a circle around on orange small disc.
Clockwise from top: a bird, a beaver (?), a bat (???), a snake, an elk (?),
and a duck.
Ivan Sache, 18 September 1999