This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website
Rocky View, Alberta
Last modified: 2005-02-12 by phil nelson
Keywords: rocky view | mountains | competition |
Links: FOTW homepage |
disclaimer and copyright |
write us |
by Rob Raeside
About the flag
Adopted: 20 July, 2004
The flag was selected after a competition begun in January 2005 in which 75 proposals were recevied from Albart, the United States and France by the time the competition closed on March 1, 2004. The final flag was designed uing combined elements from separate proposals by Kurt and John Konshuk.
The colors of the flag are:
American Vexillum Magazine, copyright © 23 August 2004
- Red - Pantone 186, described as "St. George Red." The colors symbolize the courage, heartiness and
valor of the area's forefathers.
- Blue - Pantone 386 (described as "Alberta Heraldic Blue") the same blue as in the flag of Alberta and the description states it represents freedom and prosperity.
- White - representing peace, purity and optimism in the future.
- Green - Pantone 364 (described as "British Green"). This represents the foothills, pastures and fertility and productivity of agriculture.
- Gold - Pantone 136 (described as "Alberta Gold"), representing canola and/or
wheat and the prosperity of the region.