Last modified: 2006-08-26 by rick wyatt
Keywords: texas | terry county |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by David Pawson, 27 March 2006
Terry county is named for Col. Benjamin F. Terry (1821-1861), soldier, Eighth Texas Cavalry
County Seat: Brownfield Area: 886 square miles Pop. (2000): 12,761.
About the flag: "Walter Dee Burnett of the Terry County Heritage Museum designed a flag for his county's Texas Sesquicentennial preparations. Adopted by the Commissioners' Court on 24 February 1986, the flag is properly sand colored, but is actually made in white, and displays a large blue Lone Star in outline. The top point of the star is replaced by an oil well, representing the county's main industry. A blue cotton boll is located over the center of the star to depict the main crop. Written over the top point of the star is the name "Terry," and over the bottom points "County," in red letters."
Valentin Poposki, 27 March 2006