Last modified: 2006-08-26 by rick wyatt
Keywords: texas | san patricio county |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
San Patricio county is named for Saint PatrickValentin Poposki, 24 March 2006
County Seat: Sinton Area: 693 square miles Pop. (2000): 67,138.
About the flag :"The flag of San Patricio County displays a blue-bordered white ring within which appears the legend "San Patricio County 1836" flanked by stars and olive branches. The center of the ring is divided quarterly and depicts a tractor in a field, an oil drilling platform and refinery, a shrimp boat, and a longhorn steer, all in red, white and blue. The flag was designed by Scott R. Taylor, a local student, in preparation for the nation's bicentennial. Although in use since 1976, there is no record that it has been officially adopted by the Commissioners' Court."