Last modified: 2006-08-26 by rick wyatt
Keywords: matagorda county | texas | map |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by António Martins-Tuválkin, 1 December 2001
The Matagorda County logo was created by Francis Parker and adopted in 1985. On 8 October 1990, the Commissioners' Court placed the blue and gold design on a white background and adopted it as the County Flag. The flag has a white background with a blue ring in the middle. Inside the ring are the words
MATAGORDA COUNTY TEXAS in blue. Within the ring is a white map of the county bordered by blue. On the map are gold branches and a gold star. The date 1836
appears below and to the right of the map, also in blue.
Mason Kaye, 10 June 2004