Last modified: 2006-07-29 by rick wyatt
Keywords: montgomery county | pennsylvania |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
by Jim Saring, 20 June 1999
Montgomery County raised its own flag for the first time on September 10,1934, on the County's 150th anniversary. Montgomery is one of the few counties in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania with its own flag. The County colors of garnet and gray were officially adopted by County Commissioners William D. Ridway, H. Stanley Drake and Grover C. Albright in 1934. The flag is composed of three horizontal bars, the middle being gray with the County Seal and the bars at top and bottom being garnet.
Jim Saring, 20 June 1999