Last modified: 2006-07-29 by rick wyatt
Keywords: cheviot | ohio |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Blas Delgado Ortiz, 9 November 2005
Source: GWAV website
The City of Cheviot is a small city in Hamilton County, Ohio, on the western
margin of Cincinnati. Population about 10,000. Its flag was adopted in 1968. The
date 1818 refers to the year when John Craig, town founder, "platted and laid
out a town at the spring, four blocks in a square with an alley running east and
west, the lots being 40 by 100 feet and sold for 18 dollars each. He named the
town after the boundary hills between England and Scotland, the Cheviot Hills."
- from http://www.cheviot.org/.
This image was published initially in the FlaGWAVer by John Purcell.