Last modified: 2005-12-17 by rick wyatt
Keywords: savannah | georgia |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Jens Pattke, 12 August 2003
Based on the website at www.ci.savannah.ga.us, the City of Savannah Flag was adopted on January 18, 1905. It consists of a white field, displaying in the center the City Coat of Arms adopted in 1794, encircled by thirteen blue stars. The outer border is red; the inner border is blue. This etching was first published in "The Old and The New: Sketch of the Old City Exchange (1799 - 1904), and the New City Hall, Savannah, Georgia, Appendix to the Mayor's Report for 1905," by Thomas Gamble, Jr., Secretary to the Mayor.
Citation: Archival Collections, Municipal Research Library, City of Savannah, Georgia (5600MY-50, Mayor's Office, Mayor's Annual Reports, 1871-1923).
submitted by Dov Gutterman, 9 November 2002