Buy State Flags from Allstate FlagsBuy US flags from Five Star Flags
This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Gubkiv (Rivne, Ukraine)

Hubkiv

Last modified: 2006-03-11 by dov gutterman
Keywords: rivne | hubkiv | falcon | castle | gubkiv | berezne |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors



(1:1)
image from the site of Ukrainian Heraldry



See also:


The Gonfalon

From the site of Ukrainian Heraldry:
"It was confirmed by rural council at April, 14, 1998. A square panel; on a dark blue background a yellow falcon with open wings on the white castle, accompanied by yellow 6-beam star on the sides. The authors are A.Grechylo, Yu.Terlets'kyi.
Source: Andriy Grechylo, Yuriy Terletskyi: COATS-OF-ARMS AND FLAGS OF TOWNS AND VILLAGES IN RIVNE OBLAST."
Dov Gutterman, 17 January 2003


Coat of Arms


image from the site of Ukrainian Heraldry

From the site of Ukrainian Heraldry:
"It was confirmed by rural council at April, 14, 1998. In an azure field is or falcon with open wings on the argent castle, accompanied by or 6-beam star on the sides. The authors are A.Grechylo, Yu.Terlets'kyi. The falcon on the castle testifies to Hubkiv role as castle, and two stars are symbols of eternity and mean revival of city after shattering enemy attacks
Source: Andriy Grechylo, Yuriy Terletskyi: COATS-OF-ARMS AND FLAGS OF TOWNS AND VILLAGES IN RIVNE OBLAST."
Dov Gutterman, 17 January 2003


The Village

From the site of Ukrainian Heraldry:
"For the first time it is mentioned at 1504. There is a legend about Hubkiv castle where prince who had very beautiful daughter lived. She has grown fond of the poor guy from other coast of the river. Prince has forbidden to them to meet, and has put the daughter in a high tower of the castle. However at night the girl and the guy became falcons and took off on a meeting. Having learned about it, old prince has damned them, and they forever have remained birds and have lodged in mountains which since began to name Falcon. From first half XVI century proprietors Hubkova were Semashko, in XVII century it passes to Danylovychi. In 1708 the Hubkiv castle was destroyed by Swedes."
Dov Gutterman, 17 January 2003