Buy State Flags from Allstate FlagsBuy US flags from Five Star Flags
This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Evpatoria (Crimea, Ukraine)

Last modified: 2006-06-03 by dov gutterman
Keywords: ievpatorija | evpatoria | crimea | krym | krim | ram | dragon | cup | kerkintida |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors



(1:1)
image by Ivan Sache, 11 May 2005



See also:


The Gonfalon

From the site of Ukrainian Heraldry:
"On the 30 of May 1997 the session of the town council approved the gonfalon: a rectangular canvas with a ratio of the sides 1:1, in the yellow field is city emblem. In top and bottom the gonfalon has a green and red edging with width of 1/6 of width of the gonfalon."
Dov Gutterman, 20 November 2000


Coat of Arms


image from the site of Ukrainian Heraldry

From the site of Ukrainian Heraldry:
"On the 30 of May 1997 town council session has confirmed a modern emblem. A shield per pale with vert and gules. In the right field there is an or ram's head. In the left a sable dragon entwined round an argent staff and drinking from a sable cup."
Dov Gutterman, 20 November 2000


The City

From the site of Ukrainian Heraldry:
"Since the end of the VI century B.C. on a place of modern Yevpatoriya there was a Greek settlement under the name of Kerkintida. In the XVII - XVIII centuries it was one of the biggest towns in the Crimean khanate. Since 1784 it has the name of Ievpatorija."
Dov Gutterman, 20 November 2000