This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website
Cierna nad Tisou (Slovakia)
Trebisov okres, Kosice region
Last modified: 2004-01-03 by jarig bakker
Keywords: cierna nad tisou |
Links: FOTW homepage |
disclaimer and copyright |
write us |
This page is best viewed with ISO:8859-2, aka
Latin2, aka Central European fonts
submitted by Rob Raeside, 14 July 1999
Cierna nad Tisou flag
Cierna nad Tisou (maybe Tiszacserny? in Hungarian) is a very new city.
It was built as a railway port on the Tisza river. In Slovakia and Hungary
the railways have normal gauge (1435 mm), in Ukraine wide gauge (1524 mm).
All transport has to be transferred to and from Ukraine. The Hungarian
port is Záhony (town), the Ukrainian port is Chop (in Hungarian Csap).
The original settlement is Cierna (Hungarian Ágcserny?), a Hungarian
village near the city. Ágcserny? has got only Hungarian inhabitants. It
was in Ung (in Slovakian Uz) County of the Kingdom of Hungary to 1919/1920
(Czechoslovakian occupation / Treaty of Trianon). In 1920-1938 the village
was a part of Czechoslovakia. After the Decision of Vienna the village
returned to Hungary (1938-1944). The new Treaty of Paris (1947) reallocated
this village to Czechoslovakia.
István Molnár, 12 Jun 2000
Cierna nad Tisou Coat of Arms
from http://www.tatrahome.sk/revue/erby/ . (!Link does not work any more!)