Last modified: 2002-12-28 by jarig bakker
Keywords: rusovce |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Here is Chateau Rusovce: The chateau was built in the 19th century in
English gothic style, amid a natural park. Remains of a
renaissance church from the 17th century were discovered in the park. The community is famous as an archaeological site, and
findings include the remains of an early Bronze Age settlement, the Roman military camp of Gerulta, a Slav-Avar burial ground
and a Great Moravian community. (Info from this site). Croatian name: Rosvar.
Jarig Bakker, 6 Jan 2001.
Rusovce (Hungarian: Oroszvár, German: Karlburg, Croatian:
has 1.756 inhabitants (25,8% Hungarian; 1990 census). The settlement
was a German-Hungarian (70%-24%) village in Rajka district of Moson
(German: Wieselburg) county of Hungary till 1947. Rusovce is one
of the three settlements annexed to Czechoslovakia in 1947:
= Bratislava - Jarovce, Oroszvár = Bratislava-Rusovce and
= Bratislava-Čunovo. Parts of Moson County to Győr County in 1925. Oroszvár
was part of Győr-Moson-Pozsony county 1925-1945. 1945-1947 the settlement
was in Győr-Moson County in Hungary.
István Molnár, 13 Jan 2001