Last modified: 2006-05-06 by ivan sache
Keywords: braslovce | sickle (black) | yoke (black) | letter: h (black) | letter: s (black) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Municipal flag of Braslovče - Image by Željko Heimer, 24 June 2005
The flag and arms of Braslovče are prescribed by the the municipal statutes Statut Občine Braslovče, adopted on 20 April 1999, and published in the official Slovene gazette Uradni list Republike Slovenije, 37/1999.
The Municipality shall have a flag, coat of arms and holyday. The shape, contents and use of the symbols shall be prescribed by a Decision.
The coat of arms is oval, with ornamented wattled border, quartered: 1. letter H, 2. letter S, 3. a sickle sinister, 4. a single oxen yoke.
There is no further mention of the flag, nor further details on the coat of arms.
The municipal website shows a photography of the flag, which is hoisted vertically and vertically divided red-white with the municipal coat of arms off-set toweards the top of the flag.
Željko Heimer & Pascal Gross, 24 June 2005
Coat of arms of Braslovče - Image by Željko Heimer, 24 June 2005
Stanič [stj05] relates the history of the coat of arms as follows. The oldest known seal containing the coat of arms is from 1763. A similar one is shown in 1822 by Schmutz (Historično-topografski leksikon Štajerske) and in 1954 by Pirchegger (Steierische Ortswappen). Pirchegger gives the interpretation of the two lower elements in the coat of arms as the letters F and O, standing for Fraslav(enssi) Oppidi - of the Town of Braslovče. However, the early drawings clearly show that these two elements are in fact a sickle and a yoke. The letters H and S are considered to stand for Heilliger Sebastian - St. Sebastian. The St. Sebastian brotherhood was already known in Braslovče in 1545.
Željko Heimer, 25 December 2005