Buy State Flags from 
Allstate FlagsBuy US flags 
from Five Star Flags
This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Nunspeet (The Netherlands)

Gelderland province

Last modified: 2005-04-09 by jarig bakker
Keywords: nunspeet | vierhouten |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors



Nunspeet municipality Shipmate Flagchart : http://www.shipmate.nl/flags.htm
adopted 30 Mar 1972

See also:

Nunspeet municipality

Number of inhabitants (1 Jan 2003): 26.469; area: 129,63 km². Settlements: Nunspeet (seat), Elspeet, Hulshorst, Vierhouten.
Nunspeet is near the Veluwemeer in nortwest Gelderland. It was a hunting ground until the 16th century, and the municipality is still rather densely forested. The municipality was formed after separation from Ermelo in 1970.

The flag, adopted 30 March 1972, is adapted from the CoA. Yellow is for sand-drift, black for the soil the houses are built on. The lozenge field is a barrow, symbol for agriculture. The Veluwe, of which Nunspeet forms a part, is the only region in the Netherlands, where deer can be found in the wild.
Jarig Bakker, 9 October 1999


Nunspeet CoA

[Nunspeet CoA] from Ralf Hartemink's site.

Granted 30 Mar 1972.


Vierhouten village

[Vierhouten villagehall flag] by Jarig Bakker, 21 Mar 2005
adopted 10 Oct 1953

At this webpage is the flag of the village-hall of Vierhouten, a village in the municipality of Nunspeet, Gelderland province.
The villagehall was opened 10 Oct 1953, and a special flag was hoisted, which had been made for the occasion. It has a blue field with in the center a yellow disk, charged with blue "OVO".
From the disk four yellow stripes reach the ends of the flag; on the four blue fields  thus formed are four yellow trees: 2 broad-leaved trees and two fir-trees. The flag is triangular. The trees symbolize the name of the village: "Vierhouten" = four woods.
The letters OOV represent: Ontspanning en Ontwikkeling Vierhouten (recreation and Development Vierhouten), the main purpose of the villagehall.
At first this flag was hoisted to signify the the hall was open. Later it was hidden in an attic and its existence was forgotten. In 2003 Mr Sherlock Holmes was hired, and he found the attic and the flag, which was afterwards exposed when the 50th year of the villagehall was celebrated.
Because of its bad condition the flag can't be hoisted anymore, but a replica has been made by some volunteers, which can be hoisted to show that there is business in the villagehall.
Jarig Bakker, 21 Mar 2005