Last modified: 2005-04-09 by santiago dotor
Keywords: ensign: blue | coat of arms: per pale (white-red) | canton (union flag) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
by Željko Heimer
This blue ensign was in use from 1919 to 28 December 1943. The blue ensign c.1898 to 1919 was [the same] with a white circle.
Jaume Ollé, 6 February 2000
The second badge was a white/red shield with pointed top and gold border. It is interesting that the Maltese cross does not appear on the second badge. Perhaps the badge was changed because it had been realised that the cross was less to do with Malta and more to do with the Order of St John. On the Blue Ensign this was on a white circle until 1923. [From] 1923 no white circle on Blue Ensign. Source: Governor's letter dated 16 January 1923 in ADM 116/1847B.
David Prothero, 7 February 2000