Last modified: 2006-07-08 by antonio martins
Keywords: gamprin | wave | rose (white) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
The flag has three horizontal stripes blue-yellow-blue, of equal
width. So the flags of Balzers
and of Gamprin are identical. The official
texts for the communes say that they can also use
their coats of arms to
make flags (banners of the arms). (Sources:
[kra82] and the
Decree of H.R.H., the Reigning Prince, granting a coat of
arms and a flag to the commune of Gamprin, of the
30th April 1958)
Pascal Vagnat 04 Apr 1999
The arms are azure with a golden diagonal wavy strip,
and a silver and gold rose in each azure field. The golden
strip symbolises the site of Gamprin on the Rhine river.
The two roses are reminders of the knights of Limpach who
owned land in Bendern and on the Eschnerberg, land which
was given by Roger of Limpach to the cathedral of Coire in
1194. The arms of Gamprin were adopted on 3 April, 1958.
Pascal Vagnat, 21 Nov 1995
Anything below this line was not added by the editor of this page.