Last modified: 2004-12-29 by santiago dotor
Keywords: ramat ha-sharon | iriyat ramat ha-sharon | panel (yellow) | text: hebrew (green) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
by Dov Gutterman | 2:3
Emblem adopted 30th July 1959
Municipality of Ramat ha-Sharon (meaning Sharon heights) is situated 5 km NE of Tel-Aviv and just south of Herzliya. Est. 1922, it became a Local Council from 1949 and a municipality on January 20, 2003.
The municipal flag is hoisted in all the main streets and is the green municipal emblem on yellow. The municipal emblem was published in the official gazette (Rashumot), YP 633, 13 November 1958, for the then Local Council. Sources: author's own observation, 6 September 2001; emblem given by the local authority officials.
Dov Gutterman, 9 September 2001 and 21 January 2003