Last modified: 2004-12-29 by santiago dotor
Keywords: yoav | regional council | mo'atza ezorit yoav | landscape (blue) | text: hebrew (white) | text: hebrew (blue) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
by Dov Gutterman
Emblem adopted 28th December 1961
Regional Council Yoav is situated in the North Negev area and unites 14 small settlements. It was established in 1952 and has got 5,100 inh. It is named after the late Yitzhak Dubno (nicknamed Yoav), the first commander of Kibutz Negba in the independence war of 1948. Regional Council Yoav uses as an unofficial flag its logo in blue on a white background. Sources: Regional Council Yoav brochure, desk flag and phone call with the Regional Council.
Dov Gutterman, 18 August 2001
The municipal emblem was published in the official gazette (Rashumot), YP 898, 28 December 1961.
Dov Gutterman, 4 September 2001