Last modified: 2004-12-29 by santiago dotor
Keywords: sha'ar ha'negev | gate of the negev | regional council | mo'atza ezorit sha'ar ha'negev | text: hebrew (black) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
by Dov Gutterman | 2:3
Emblem adopted 25 October 1962
Regional Council Sha'ar ha'Negev (meaning Gate of the Negev) is situated between Ashqelon and Be'er Sheva and governs 13 settlements including the Shikmim (meaning sycamores) Ranch, home of prime minister Ariel Sharon. 6,000 inh. Est. 1950. The above image is based on the desk flag of the Regional Council and there could be changes when it is used as a hoisted flag. The municipal emblem was published in the official gazette (Rashumot), 'Publications Gazette' section (Yalkut ha'Pirsumim), YP 968, 25 October 1962. Source: photo of the desk flag received from Ralph Phillips.
Dov Gutterman, 2 November 2001