Last modified: 2004-12-29 by santiago dotor
Keywords: megiddo | regional council | mo'atza ezorit megiddo | lion (green) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
by Dov Gutterman | 2:3
Emblem adopted 30th October 1958
RC Megido is situated in the east Carmel Mounts area, SE of Haifa. Named after the important ancient city of Megiddo, whose remains are in its area. Est. 1945. Pop. 9,600 in 13 settlements. The flag is green with a black emblem. The municipal emblem was published in the official gazette (Rashumot), 'Publications Gazette' section (Yalkut ha'Pirsumim), YP 631, 30 October 1958. Sources: author's own observation, 5 October 2001.
Dov Gutterman, 17 October 2001