Last modified: 2004-12-29 by santiago dotor
Keywords: emeq hefer | regional council | mo'atza ezorit emeq hefer | text: hebrew (green) | coat of arms: per pale (fish: green) | coat of arms: per pale (fish: hauriant) | coat of arms: per pale (tree: green) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
by Dov Gutterman | 2:3
Coat-of-arms adopted 13th November 1958
Regional Council Emeq Hefer, named after the Biblical land of Hefer (Kings A, 4, 10) is situated in the seashore plain between Hadera and Netanya. No less then 45 settlements are united in this R.C with 27,000 inh. Emeq Hefer was the first Regional Council to be founded (1940).
The unofficial flag above the city hall shows a black municipal emblem on a green field. Sources: author's own observation, 6 September 2001; this webpage. The municipal emblem was published in the official gazette (Rashumot), YP 633, 13 November 1958.
Dov Gutterman, 10 September 2001