Last modified: 2004-12-29 by santiago dotor
Keywords: ef'al | regional council | mo'atza ezorit ef'al | text: hebrew (green) | coat of arms (leaf: green) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
by Dov Gutterman | 2:3
Coat-of-arms adopted 10th January 1963
Regional Council Ef'al was founded in 1950 as Regional Council Ono and changed its name in 1984. It is situated in the centre of Israel, between Ramat Gan in its eastern border, Bar-Ilan University on its north, Tel-ha'Shomer Hospital on the east and Ayalon river on the south. It is one of the smallest Regional Councils and unites only five entities with 5,500 inhabitants.
Its flag is white with green emblem. The municipal emblem was published in the official gazette (Rashumot, Yalkut ha-Pirsumim), YP 989, 10 January 1963, for the then Regional Council Ono. Sources: letter from Mr. Daniel Yosef, Deputy City Clerk/Treasurer, 5 September 2001; desk flag; this webpage. The emblem probably shows a fig-tree leaf.
Dov Gutterman, 26-27 September 2001