Last modified: 2004-12-29 by santiago dotor
Keywords: nesher | iriyat nesher | panel (white) | text: hebrew (black) | eagle (pink) | coat of arms (landscape) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
by Dov Gutterman | 2:3
N.B. the inscription below the arms should be semicircular
Coat-of-arms adopted 28th February 1963
Nesher (meaning eagle, named after a cement factory whose workers' quarters were the basis for the town foundation), is situated on the NW slopes of Mount Carmel about 5 km west of Haifa. Established in 1925, it has 22,000 inh. and became a Local Council in 1952 and a municipality in 1995.
The flag above the town hall shows the municipal emblem on a white panel on an orange field. The inscription below the emblem should be semicircular. The municipal emblem was published in the official gazette (Rashumot), YP 997, 28 February 1963, for the then Local Council. The official emblem has still got the Local Council inscription on it, since it was never replaced after it was upgraded to municipality in 1995. Sources: author's own observation, 1 September 2001; this webpage.
Dov Gutterman, 12 September 2001