Last modified: 2004-12-29 by santiago dotor
Keywords: yafia'a | yafa el-natzra | jaffa of nazareth | mo'atza mekomit yafia'a | majles yafa el-natzira al-makhaly | bedouin |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
by Dov Gutterman | 2:3
Emblem adopted 11 June 1970
Local Council Yafia'a (in Arabic, Yafa el-Natzra meaning Jaffa of Nazareth) is situated in Central Galilee, SW of Nazareth. A Local Council since 1960, with 12,500 inh. of which 70% Muslims and 30% Christians.
The flag was reported as blue with emblem but needs confirmation. The municipal emblem was published in the official gazette (Rashumot), 'Publications Gazette' section (Yalkut ha'Pirsumim), YP 1633, 11 June 1970.
Dov Gutterman, 13 November 2001