Last modified: 2004-12-29 by santiago dotor
Keywords: pqi'in | al-buki'ah | mo'atza mekomit pqi'in | majles al-buki'ah al-makhaly | druze | text: hebrew (blue) | text: arabic (blue) | stripes: 2 (blue) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
by Dov Gutterman | 2:3
Emblem adopted 25th April 1969
Local Council Pqi'in (al-Buki'ah in Arabic) is situated in the western Upper Galilee, 8 km SE to Ma'alot. Local Council from 1952. Pop: 4,500, of which 67% Druze, 29% Christians and 4% Muslims. The municipal flag is the national background with emblem and inscriptions in Hebrew (right) and Arabic (left). The municipal emblem was published in the official gazette (Rashumot), 'Publications Gazette' section (Yalkut ha'Pirsumim), YP 1520, 25 April 1969. Source: author's own observation, 8 October 2001; emblem on the Local Council's sign.
Dov Gutterman, 21 October 2001