Last modified: 2004-12-29 by santiago dotor
Keywords: maghar | mo'atza mekomit maghar | majles al-maghar al-makhaly | text: hebrew (green) | text: arabic (green) | text: english (green) | coat of arms: per fess (tree: green) | coat of arms: per fess (millstone: white) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
by Dov Gutterman | 2:3
Coat-of-arms adopted 16th October 1969
Local Council Maghar (meaning cave) is situated it the Lower Galilee on the south sloops of Mount Hazon, east of Karmiel. Founded about 600 years ago, it became a Local Council in 1956. Pop. 16,000, all of them Arabs.
The unofficial flag is white with a green emblem. The municipal emblem includes an olive tree and a millstone. It was published in the official gazette (Rashumot), 'Publications Gazette' section (Yalkut ha'Pirsumim), YP 1560, 16 October 1969. Sources: letter from the Local Council, desk flag and this webpage.
Dov Gutterman, 12 September 2001