Last modified: 2004-12-29 by santiago dotor
Keywords: migdal | mo'atza mekomit migdal | text: hebrew (black) | palm tree (black) | waves (black) | text: hebrew (white) | palm tree (white) | waves (white) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
both by Dov Gutterman | 2:3
Emblem adopted 25th September 1969
by Dov Gutterman | 2:3
Local Council Migdal (meaning tower) is named after the old city of Migdala Nunia (which in Aramaic meant fish tower) and is situated just west of the Sea of Galilee (Kinnereth Sea) about 8 km north of Tiberias on Tiberias-Rosh Pina road (Road 90, the longest road in Israel, connecting Metula in the north and Eilat in the south). It was founded in 1910 and has 1,500 inh.
According to the Local Council, the unofficial flag is the municipal emblem on a white field. Sources: letter from the Local Council secretariat; map/information of the Local Council, Benyamin Blueshtein Publishing, 1998. The municipal emblem was published in the official gazette (Rashumot), 'Publications Gazette' section (Yalkut ha'Pirsumim), YP 1664, 25 September 1969.
However, actually used flags are yellow with black emblem and green with white emblem. Sources: author's own observation, 2 October 2001.
Dov Gutterman, 8 September and 14 October 2001