Last modified: 2004-12-29 by santiago dotor
Keywords: gan yavne | yavne gardens | mo'atza mekomit gan yavne | iblin |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
by Dov Gutterman | 2:3
Emblem adopted 29 August 1968
Local Council Gan-Yavne is situated on the main road between Tel-Aviv and Ashqelon (road no. 4). It was established in 1931, pop. 8,000. Gan Yavne (meaning Yavne Garden) is named after the old city of Yavne, in ancient times a major Jewish religious centre which later became a major crusader fort (Iblin). Gan Yavne has got an official emblem which includes two oranges and a lemon, field and houses placed on a Torah shape inside a white 'T' shape on a green background. (...) Gan Yavne has got no official flag. In case of need it uses the emblem on a green field. Source: letter from Mrs. Hadar, spokewomen of Local Council Gan Yavne, 15 July 2001, including a desk flag from the Local Council.
Dov Gutterman, 14 August 2001
The municipal emblem was published in the official gazette (Rashumot), 'Publications Gazette' section (Yalkut ha'Pirsumim), YP 1470, 29 August 1968.
Dov Gutterman, 4 September 2001