Last modified: 2004-12-29 by santiago dotor
Keywords: ganei tiqva | mo'atza mekomit ganei tiqva | text: hebrew (black) | coat of arms (palm tree: green) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
by Dov Gutterman | 2:3
Coat-of-arms adopted 8th March 1973
Local Council Ganei Tiqva (meaning Gardens of Hope) is situated in the south Sharon area, just south of Petah-Tiqva which also gave it its name. Est. 1949, pop. 10,500.
The flag at the city hall was white with emblem. Another variant spotted by Mrs. Burstein was blue with emblem. The municipal emblem was published in the official gazette (Rashumot, Yalkut ha-Pirsumim), YP 4424, 4 July 1996. Sources: photograph by Ms. Rachel Burstein; this webpage.
Dov Gutterman, 20 September 2001