Last modified: 2004-12-29 by santiago dotor
Keywords: el'yakhin | mo'atza mekomit el'yakhin | text: hebrew (orange) | houses (green) | tree (green) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
by Dov Gutterman | 2:3
Emblem adopted 20th March 1990
Local Council El'yakhin (meaning God will prepare), named after biblical King Yeho'yakhin (Jehoiachin, 2 Kings 24) is situated in Hefer Valley (Emeq Hefer) in the Sharon area, 3 km south of Hadera. Est. 1954, pop. 2,200.
The flag on the city hall is white with emblem (and was hoisted upside-down). The municipal emblem was published in the official gazette (Rashumot, Yalkut ha-Pirsumim), YP 3752, 20 March 1990. Sources: author's own observation, 12 September 2001; emblem received from the Local Council.
Dov Gutterman, 21 September 2001