Last modified: 2004-12-29 by santiago dotor
Keywords: hod ha'sharon | iriyat hod ha'sharon | text: hebrew (orange) | coat of arms (tree: orange) | coat of arms (tree: green) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
by Dov Gutterman | 2:3
Emblem adopted 19th May 1966
Hod ha'Sharon (meaning splendour of Sharon) is situated in south Sharon region, NE to Tel-Aviv and South to Kfar Saba. It was established in 1964 by uniting the local councils of Magdiel (municipal emblem was published in the official gazette (Rashumot, Yalkut ha-Pirsumim), YP 633, 13 November 1958), Hadar ha'Sharon (emblem published in YP 633, 13 November 1958) and Hadar Ramatayin (emblem published in YP 690, 30 July 1959). As a joint Local Council its emblem was published in YP 1277, 19 May 1966 and it became a municipality in 1990 without changing its emblem. Pop. 35,000. The flag on the city hall is green with emblem. Emblem on blue was also spotted in the town. Source: author's own observation, 19 September 2001.
Dov Gutterman, 1 October 2001