Last modified: 2004-12-29 by santiago dotor
Keywords: bnei-braq | iriyat bnei-braq | coat of arms (sun: rising) | coat of arms (mountains: green) | text: hebrew (green) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
by Dov Gutterman and Ivan Sarajcic
Coat-of-arms adopted 11th May 1972
Bnei-Braq is situated just east of Tel-Aviv and bordered with Tel-Aviv, Ramat-Gan, Petakh-Tiqva and Gan-Shmuel. Bnei-Braq was named after the biblical settlement with that name in Dan tribe share (Joshua 19,45). Population 141,000, most of them religious Jews, many religious institutes. It holds the rank of municipality. Bnei-Braq has an official emblem which reflects the religious nature of the city. It does not have an official flag and in case of need uses the emblem on a white field. The desk flag is bordered in green. Source: information received by phone and a desk flag, July 2001.
Dov Gutterman, 13 August 2001
The municipal emblem was published in the official gazette (Rashumot), YP 1821, 11 May 1972.
Dov Gutterman, 4 September 2001