Last modified: 2005-08-06 by dov gutterman
Keywords: nyiregyhaza | szabolcs-szatmar-bereg | church | arm |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
by Istvan Molnar, 16 November 2000
Description of the flag (in Hungarian) at <stg.szabinet.hu>.
Nyíregyháza is the capital of Szabolcs-Szatmár-Bereg County.
It was never part of Czechoslovakia, but in the 17-18th centuries
many slovaks settled in the city.
István Molnár, 16 November 2000
by António Martins, 28 Febuary 2001
This flag appears at Dr. Széll Sándor: Városaink neve,
címere és lobogója (1941) as "Nyíregyháza,
István Molnár, 20 October 2000
Blue and red horizontal diband.
António Martins, 28 Febuary 2001
by István Molnár
Source: A magyar városok címerei (Coat of Arms of
the Hungarian cities and towns); 1975.
from <stg.szabinet.hu>, located by István Molnár