Last modified: 2006-02-25 by dov gutterman
Keywords: fejer | lovasbereny |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by István Molnár, 5 February 2006
Flag and Coat of Arms of Lovasbereny
village (Fejér county) are at <www.lovasbereny.hu>.
István Molnár, 10 January 2006
Lovasberény is a village in Fejér county. The first mention
of the village is from 1302 as 'LOWAZBEREN'. The village was
devatated in the years of the Turkish wars (1526-1690). Resettled
in 1637 with refugees from Bikács (Tolna county,
under turkish occupation). The new settlers was Calvinist by
religion. Later, in the first decads of the 17th century Jews
from Moravia and Roman Catholic Germans arrived. In the midle of
19th century more than 1200 Jews lived in the village. After the
emantipation of the Jews, they left the settlement and migrated
to the largest cities. In 1765 Lovasberény became market-town.
In and around the village there was bloody fights from December
1944 to 20th March 1945. The village.was occupied by Soviet
troops and reoccupied by German troops and so on...
2001 Population Census: 2692 inh. Ethnic affiliation: Hungarian: 95,4%; German: 0,4%; unknown, did not wish to answer: 4,6% Religion: Roman Catholic: 58,4%; Greek Catholic: 0,1%; Calvinist: 26,6%; Lutheran: 0,5%; belonging to other church/denomination: 1,8%; does not belong to any church/denomination: 5,7%; unknown, did not wish to answer: 7,0%.
Sources: <www.lovasbereny.hu>, <helynevtar.ksh.hu>.
István Molnár, 5 February 2006
image resized from <www.lovasbereny.hu>, located by István Molnár, 10 January 2006