Last modified: 2005-04-09 by ivan sache
Keywords: compagnie havraise de navigation | letters: chn (white) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
by Ivan Sache
Compagnie Havraise de Navigation E. Corblet & Cie. was created in Le Havre in 1917. It was the steam outfit of the older sailing company Brown & Corblet.
The company has been located in Paris after the Second World War in Lloyds, still connected with E. Corblet & Cie., showing as Compagnie Havraise de Navigation à Vapeur, then in the early 1960s shown as Compagnie Havraise de Navigation E. Corblet & Cie. by which stage it was acting only as managing owners on behalf of the French Government. The company lowered its flag in 1962.
Dominique Cureau & Neale Rosanoski, 27 November 2004
The house flag of the company is shown as #2023, p. 133, section "sailing vessels", in Lloyd's book of house flags and funnels of the principal steamship lines of the world and the house flags of various lines of sailing vessels, published at Lloyd's Royal Exchange. London. E.C. (1911), also available online thanks to the Mystic Seaport Foundation.
The flag is blue with the white letters CHN placed horizontally in the middle.
Ivan Sache, 27 December 2003
After 1945, Compagnie Havraise de Navigation à Vapeur used the same flag with the letters CHNV.
Dominique Cureau, 27 November 2004