Last modified: 2004-12-29 by santiago dotor
Keywords: landkreis augsburg | augsburg county | coat of arms: chief (per pale: red-white) | coat of arms: per pale (fleur-de-lys: blue) | coat of arms: per pale (bendy sinister: white-red) | coat of arms: per pale (pall |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
by Stefan Schwoon
Flag and coat-of-arms adopted 25th May 1955, abolished 30th June 1972
Blue-white-red, adopted 25.05.1955. The county was enlarged during the 1972 municipal reform with Schwabmünchen county and parts of Wertingen and Neuburg. Sources: Linder and Schmidt 2000, arms image from Stadler 1964-1972.
Stefan Schwoon, 22 August 2001
From Ralf Hartemink's International Civic Arms website:
The old arms were granted on May 25, 1955. The arms show in the chief the arms of the monastery of Augsburg, which owned large areas in the county. The fleur-de-lis is taken from the arms of the Fugger family, which also owned large parts of the county. The third field shows the arms of the former County of Burgau, derived from the arms of the Counts of Berg and Burgau.
Literature: Stadler 1964-1972.
Santiago Dotor, 30 July 2003