Last modified: 2004-12-29 by santiago dotor
Keywords: baden-württemberg | rottweil county | landkreis rottweil | coat of arms (eagle: black) | coat of arms (antler: black) | coat of arms: inescutcheon (parted per fess: white-red) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
by Stefan Schwoon
Coat-of-arms adopted 7th June 1974
Black-yellow with the arms. Sources: Falko Schmidt, arms from H. John and M. Heine 1989 [read below].
Stefan Schwoon, 26 March 2001
From Ralf Hartemink's International Civic Arms website:
The arms were granted on June 7, 1974. The arms show the eagle taken from the arms of the city of Rottweil, as the city ruled most of the county for many centuries. Already in the 14th century the Counts of Württemberg acquired some estates, this is represented by the deer antler in the claws of the eagle. The inescutcheon is derived from the Austrian arms, as the city of Oberndorf and the Hohenberg estate were acquired by Austria in 1381.
Literature: H. John and M. Heine, Die Kreis- und Gemeindewappen im Regierungsbezirk Freiburg, Theiss, Stuttgart, 1989, 142 pp., ISBN 3-8062-0803-4.
Santiago Dotor, 14 March 2002
by Santiago Dotor