Last modified: 2004-12-29 by santiago dotor
Keywords: baden-württemberg | böblingen county | landkreis böblingen | boeblingen | boblingen | coat of arms (antler: black) | coat of arms (gonfanon: red) | coat of arms (flag: gonfanon) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
by Stefan Schwoon
Flag adopted 28th October 1987, coat-of-arms adopted 21st January 1948
Red-yellow with the arms. Source: Falko Schmidt, arms from Stadler 1964-1971.
Stefan Schwoon, 20 March 2001
Adopted 28.10.1987, according to Dirk Schönberger's Administrative Divisions of the World website. From Ralf Hartemink's International Civic Arms website:
The arms were granted on January 21, 1948 and confirmed on August 30, 1974. The arms are a combination of the deer antler of the Counts of Württemberg and the banner [Kirchenfahne or gonfanon] of the Counts of Tübingen. The latter founded the city of Böblingen and played a major role in the history of the county.
The first arms of the county were granted on October 14, 1927 and showed below the antler in blue a silver plane. The plane symbolised the local airport and the Klemm-Leicht plane factory. After the Second World War these did no longer exist and the new arms were devised and granted.
Literature: Stadler 1964-1971.
Santiago Dotor, 5 March 2002
by Santiago Dotor
Flag adopted 28th October 1987