Last modified: 2004-12-29 by santiago dotor
Keywords: berlin | bezirk schöneberg | stadtbezirk schöneberg | schöneberg district | coat of arms (deers: red) | coat of arms (tree) | coat of arms: coupeaux (green) | crown: mural (red) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
3:5 | stripes 1+3+1
by Jens Pattke, coat-of-arms by Gunnar Staack
Flag and coat-of-arms adopted 23rd January 1956, abolished 31st December 2000
Coat-of-arms and flag officially adopted 23rd January 1956. Source: vectorial coat-of-arms image by Gunnar Staack. Flag and coat-of-arms were valid until 31st December 2000. The districts of Tempelhof and Schöneberg merged on 1st January 2001 into the new district Tempelhof-Schöneberg.
Jens Pattke, 18 February 2001
From Ralf Hartemink's International Civic Arms website:
The arms were granted on January 23, 1956. The mountain is a canting element (Berg), the trees are a symbol for the former forests in the area. The deer symbolises the former imperial hunting estate in the forests. As with all arms of the Berlin districts, a mural crown with a small shield with the arms of Berlin may be used.
Literature: Stadler 1964-1971.
Santiago Dotor, 4 December 2001