Last modified: 2003-06-21 by santiago dotor
Keywords: berlin | bezirk reinickendorf | stadtbezirk reinickendorf | reinickendorf district | coat of arms: bend (yellow) | coat of arms (fox: red) | coat of arms (wheat ears) | crown: mural (red) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
3:5 | stripes 1+3+1
by Jens Pattke, coat-of-arms by Gunnar Staack
Flag and coat-of-arms adopted 28th November 1955
The flag and the coat-of-arms of the district of Reinickendorf were officially adopted on 28th November 1955. Ratio 3:5. The territory of Reinickendorf did not change in the Berlin district reform of January 2001, thus the flag and coat-of-arms are still valid. Sources: vectorial coat-of-arms image by Gunnar Staack and Vogel 1987.
Jens Pattke, 17 February 2001
From Ralf Hartemink's International Civic Arms website:
The arms were granted on November 28, 1955. The arms are based on the old village seal, which showed a landscape with a canting fox (Rein is the name of a fox in some legends), some trees and a field of wheat. This seal was also used until 1955 as arms. In the arms the bunch of wheat was replaced by six wheat-ears (...) symbolising the six former villages. As with all arms of the Berlin districts, a mural crown with a small shield with the arms of Berlin may be used.
Literature: Stadler 1964-1971 and Vogel 1987.
Santiago Dotor, 4 December 2001